Apple WWDC 2018 keynote is completed in San Jose, California. Basically this keynote is software focused keynote.
Apple CEO Tim Cook announced iOS 12, macOS 10.14 Mojave, watchOS 5 and tvOS 12 with their features.
Here I am drafting all the points:
- With iOS 12 they have done lots of performance improvements. Like as 40% faster app launch, upto 50% faster keyboard display, upto 70% faster camera snap. Also iOS 12 available to all the devices which are currently can use iOS 11 (This is big history).
- ARKit 2 announced.
- A new augmented reality file format called Universal Scene Description (USDZ) announced.
- Measure app announced.
- Multiplayer Support.
- Improvements in photos app.
- Add to Siri – Shortcuts. – Siri get smarter!
- News, Stocks, Books and Voice Memos
- iBooks = Books
- Stocks + News
- Grouped Notifications
- Do Not Disturb
- Screen Time
- Notification Handling
- Parental Control – Kids Handling 😉
- Memoji – Your personalised emoji – An extended version of Animoji.
- Group calling in FaceTime with 32 peoples (MAX Limit) and it’s also support filters, stickers and Animoji while group video calling.
- watchOS 5 – Interactive notifications, Walkie Talkie, Podcasts
- Rainbow – Pride edition watch band and face
- Dolby Atmos is available with Apple TV.
- macOS Mojave (10.14) with Dark Mode.
- Also desktop wallpaper will change as per day, noon, afternoon, evening and night.
- Desktop Stacks – To manage the folders and files in stacks for messy desktops 😀 User can expand files by taping on it.
- Gallery View with Metadata of any of the file.
- Add water marks on PDF very easily.
- Some apps from iOS came to the macOS : News, Stocks, Voice Memos and HomeKit. (Note : Developers can also create this kind of application which can support both the platforms. Apple is currently working on it they will give us update in 2019.
AppKit + UIKit)
So, Developer’s ( me too 😛 ) WWDC Sessions are going on, let’s look into it ( If you got time from regular office work 😉 ).
Happy Coding 🙂